Applicants must be Canadian citizens or residents and must be present to accept the award at the event. You may be of any relation to the applicant. Please only nominate one person per form. The deadline for nominations is July 31, 2016.
All candidates must be:
- Afro-Canadian women;
- Enrolled in a University or College (in good standing)
Individuals may apply for more than one scholarship. Full application packages must be submitted for each category (one person/scholarship per emailed package).
Each package must contain the following (details specific to each scholarship are outlined in the criteria for each scholarship below):
- A completed application form;
- Post-secondary transcripts from all institutions attended (reproductions permitted)
- A high resolution black and white photograph (head shot only);
- One reference letter.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to and advocacy for improving their community;
- All applicants must be Afro-Canadian;
- All applicants must be female;
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens or residents.
- Applications missing any of the aforementioned materials will not be considered
- All application materials should be submitted online with all four (4) documents included. Applications not received in this format will not be considered
- Applications will not be accepted by fax or postal mail
- Do not submit original documents
- Do not include personal information such as social insurance number, driver’s licence, healthcare card number or such other personal information in the documentation provided
The Selection Committee reviews all nominations and comprises the Board of Directors of Black Pearls Scholarship Fund. Nominations are rated against the nomination criteria and the committee may contact applicants, nominators and supporters to confirm information. Selections are made in consideration of equity and balanced representation from various sectors. Each scholarship recipient will receive an award of a minimum of $1000. Winners of the scholarship awards must consent to the use of their photos and biographies by Black Pearls Community Services, Inc. or the Black Pearls Scholarship Fund in any of their respective promotional materials and agree to participate in media and promotion of the awards.
- The Black Pearls Scholarship Fund Board of Directors approves the recommended slate of award recipients.
- Only the winners will be contacted.
- The decisions of the selection committee are final and are not subject to review.
- All submissions become the property of Black Pearls Scholarship Fund/Black Pearls Community Services, Inc. and will not be returned to applicants.
- Applications not submitted as per the Application Guidelines may be disqualified.
- Applications that include more than the requested documentation may be disqualified.
Application packages must be received electronically no later than 5 p.m., July 31, 2016. The selection committee will not consider late or incomplete applications or applications submitted without a nomination form.
For questions or information please contact: email@example.com